Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hours of fun on the lake!!

If you ever wonder why my arms look like a nice leather purse and my face has more wrinkles than most 100 year olds, it's because I'm an outside junky. Teaching PE outside for 20 years didn't help but now I can blame it on living on a lake! It's really fun and I love being out there with the kids and dragging them all over the lake! Jenny and I have taught several how to ski or knee board this summer. When I was 12, my good friend Trevelyn and her dad taught me how to ski on Lake Arlington near Ft. Worth. This past weekend, Trev's daughter, Kristy and her family came out and Jen and I got her daughter up on skis on the very first try. Mary Kathryn, who is 12, now has to teach my great-grandchildren how to ski. We have to keep this legacy going!! We had a great day fishing and skiing and riding the raft!

Mary Kathryn Parrott skiing for the first time with her beautiful teacher, "Mops"!


Mary Kathryn, Kate, Benjamin Parrott, Reid Parrott and Allie loved the raft!

Kristy Parrott, MK, Shannon, Reid and Benjamin fishing for the fun of it...not for food

Keith caught a big bass....but no one wanted to clean it!


Grandkids love to come to the lake!!

Jackson doing a 360 on the kneeboard, Allie skiing and Kate and Allie modeling their matching bathing suits!

Keely Brooke, almost 3 months, and Jaime!! Charlie, aka, "Chuck Nasty" is letting his hair grow out again!! We all like it long!

Allie loves babies - especially Camryn, age almost 8 months!!

Trey and Laurie Mounce and JT and Weston came out on Father's Day. I didn't think I would ever get off of the jet ski!!! "Faster, faster" is all I heard!!!!
















John Tyler and Weston kneeboarding!!
Weston, Allie, Charlie, Jackson, Kate and JT ready to jump into the lake!

One day last week, 3 of the 5 boys that live next door came over to play. We call them "the 5-boy-house"! It took me 6 months to learn their names and know one from the other....Drew, Will, Kyle, Ben and Grant. They have quickly become my adopted grandchildren....so polite, fun, cute and they don't live with me!!! When I want them, I call and they come running. When they want to eat, they go home. Best of both worlds.







Grant with our pet dead snake!!
Tonight 2 adults and 2 kids spent the better part of a ball game cleaning up the "crime lab" more commonly referred to in other households as a playroom. It had to be cleaned before the rest of the guests arrived tomorrow and Thursday or we might lose a kid in there....now that might not be a bad idea! The picture below is the before and this really does not do justice to the mess!! You can't see the trash, body parts, little Barbie shoes, feathers from boas, Crayola papers peeled off or jewelry smashed down into the carpet.....but thank heavens we have this room or the whole house would look like this!! Gotta love grandkids!!!




















No comments:

Post a Comment