Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happiest Day of My Life!!!

About 6 months ago, my doctor, who is a male, decided it would behoove me to get off of my hormone pills. Now right there is an oxymoron!!! HE is a male and doesn't take hormone pills, at least not the kind I take, and who is he to decide if it is time? There is appointed to each person a time to die and God decides that - not Dr. G. "You are over 60 and been on them awhile and I think it would be best"! Who died and left him in charge!! So for 6 months I have been miserable....can you spell SWEAT?!....all night and all day not to mention weight gain, lack of sleep and an annoying ringing in my ears! It's a high pitched E flat I think...whatever note it is, it must go!!! I am proficient at laundry because I sweat through everything. If I've bitten your head off any time during the last 6 months, I would like to apologize - it is not my fault! The hormone pills supposedly have horse urine in them.....I don't care whose urine is in them....Give them back to me!! I thought about buying a horse and letting him pee on my foot every day but I figured the neighbors might not want a horse around. I could let their children ride him and charge them and make a little money on the side. As far as I'm concerned it can have urine from the whole zoo; I don't care!!

Hot flashes feel like someone stuck a hair dryer down your throat...it's a inner heat that can't be described unless you are a female going through this. It's like being thrown into hell 10-15 times a day - Now I can sympathize more with Shaddrach, Meshach and Abendego!!! So....I tried being a big girl and going cold turkey; that was awful! Over-the-counter remedies, sleeping bare, ice packs under the arms, spritz bottles for down the back - none of these worked! He even gave me a "low dosage of anti-depressant medicine". I almost killed myself - that really didn't work!! So, after 6 months, I called him again and threatened to kill him if he didn't write me a prescription for the little green pill!! I must have sounded sincere about killing him and he relented. It was the most wonderful day of my life!! I figure I would rather live shorter and have friends than live a long time and have no friends. It's taken a few weeks to get them back in my system and the ringing in the ears is still there but I can now sleep through the night! I am only hot now when I go outside - but that's the drawbacks of living in Houston! I knew I could win this battle somehow - I really didn't want to buy a horse!!

No comments:

Post a Comment